Montpellier Mediterranée Airport offers plenty of fruits:
- Opportunities with limited or no competition.
- Match the customers desire for up market but value for money destination.
- Good market potential with Business & Leisure flows.
- Niche destination for selected European incoming markets.
- Able to meet airlines low unit cost requirement.
It's time to come and pick them!
About The Airport
Welcome to sunny and stunning MPL!
MPL is ideally located in Southern France, halfway between Provence and Catalonia, gateway to a region where business and tourism are booming. Its catchment area is one of MPL airport's major asset. It is the 2nd largest in the South of France with 2.1 million pop. within 60’ drive time. Considerate as a city airport, MPL airport is only 8 km from the city of Montpellier.
With a good mix of Legacy and LCC, MPL Airport have achieved 1.1 million passengers in 2021 compared to 1.935 million in 2019, a relatively good performance considering the extreme difficult times the industry is passing through. 2019 was the 7th consecutive year of growth.
If you are looking forward to a great market potential with no or reduced competition that offers a lot of opportunities in the business, leisure and incoming sector for attractive city pairs and unserved point to point service, with success in developing sustainable routes by legacy & LCC carriers (Summer season and year-round), MPL is the perfect airport for you.
MPL is a convenient, easy access, human size airport with 24/24 ATC, no curfew, no slot constraint, 25’ turnaround.
Through our partnership approach and cost control efforts, we are uniquely capable of offering low airport charges and providing medium term cost visibility for airlines.
Montpellier and MPL Airport
- 7th biggest city in France
- Urban area of 700.000+ pop
- 2.1+ million pop. within 60’ journey time by car
- 2nd largest catchment in Southern France
- 2nd French place for raising funding in startup companies
- 2nd density of brain power in France
- 75.000+ students at MPL university
- Gateway to the world largest vineyard
- Top airlines in 2021: Air France, Transavia France, Volotea, easyJet, Air Arabia Maroc, KLM
- Number of Serving Airlines:13 scheduled airlines in Summer 2021
- Number of Direct Destinations: 29 scheduled destinations in Summer 2021
- of which 13 Domestic France
- of which 15 Europe
- of which 7 out of Europe
- Passenger Numbers : 1.100 million passengers in 2021 Vs 1.935 million passengers in 2019
- Ownership:60% French state, 25% Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Herault, 7% Council of Herault County, 6.5% Region of Occitanie/Pyrenees
- Mediterranee, 0.5% Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole, 1% Agglomeration of the Pays de l'Or
- 1 main runway 2.600 meters length
- 3,000+ car parks (short distance between car parks and terminal)
- 1 Terminal but 2 halls - Hall1 :18 check-in desks, Hall2: 6 check in desks
- 1 oversized check-in desk
- 12 gates
- 13 aircraft stand : all %100 walk-in walk-out
- 3 airbridges
- Up to 6 security check position
- 2 handling companies (Aviapartner, Alysia)
- 24/24 ATC, terminal open from 05h00 to 23h30 (can be extended on request)
Come and Explore
The true luxury is being there...
- Health , Wellbeing & Leisure destination
- Sea, Sun, Sand for 360° unforgettable holidays
- 180kms of beaches on Mediterranean Sea
- Marinas with the largest in Europe
- Spa resorts, golf resorts
- Cruising of canal du Midi
- The Camargue, The Gorges du Tarn, Millau Bridge by Foster, Montpellier, Nîmes, Perpignan, Carcassonne, Narbonne, Béziers, Alès, Arles, Aigues-Mortes
- A unique concentration of World Heritage site : City of Carcassone (medieval city), Canal du Midi (cruising), Road to St James Compostella (pilgrimage), Vauban Fortress (military architecture), Pont du Gard (roman bridge), Causses and Cevennes (exceptional landscapes), Arles (roman city), Avignon (medieval city)
- In Top france destination for camp site capacity, number of 2nd homes, for hotels / resort capacity
- Camping sites, Resorts, Castles & “hotels de charme”
- A destination which is immensely popular with European holidaymakers, expats, families & 2nd homes.
- An affordable and unexplored alternative to existing crowded market
- 11 tourist boards joined forces
- The brand, Languedoc Camargue, for the promotion of the destination, bringing more visibility on European markets
About Route Development / Marketing
Flying to Montpellier, will bear fruit !
- To meet and exceed customer expectations, MPL eyes to boost choice and connectivity for its passengers.
Airport ambitious strategy is based on 4 pillars:
- Reinforce the existing network
- Develop the domestic network
- Develop schedule services connecting MPL to main European HUB
- Boost the inbound traffic
- The Route Development Team is fully committed to assist airlines by providing:
- Market analysis (MIDT)
- Route profile analysis with passenger survey
- Network and seat offer analysis (Amadeus, CH Aviation, OAG)
- Fare monitoring (infare, altus, insight aero)
- Travel willingness of customers (Skyscanner)
- True O&D tracking
- For any query, feel free to contact:
Tél. : +33 4 67 20 85 33
Email : email@example.com
Tél. : +33 4 67 20 85 89
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org