Prior approval must be granted by the aerodrome operator and the air navigation service for training in any aircraft that is not based at Montpellier Méditerranée Airport.
- To minimize noise, the flight circuit must avoid the communes located near the airfield. For local restrictions on training flights, please refer to www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr.
Training on flight circuits and instrument approach procedures are:
- Banned all year for aircraft in acoustic groups 1, 2 and 3.
- Authorized for aircraft equipped with turbojets and turboprops in acoustic groups 4 and 5:
- From 1 October to 15 June inclusive.
- From Monday to Saturday, except holidays.
- From 0500 UTC to 2000 UTC (HIV + 1 HR).
- Authorized all year for piston airplanes:
- From 0500 UTC to 2000 UTC (HIV + 1 HR)
Training on runway 12L must maintain a minimum altitude of 1000 ft on the downwind leg.
At take-off from runway 30R for flight circuit training, the initial turn must be at 1.4 NM / FJR to join the right hand downwind leg.
Training in non-based aircraft is subject to a training application submitted online, with a minimum notice of 48 hours, addressed to the aerodrome operator. This request must list the type of aircraft, its acoustic group, the nature of training, the times and duration.
- See aeronautical tariff conditions.
- See useful information for pilots.
- Contact the "Airport Handling" partners.
Operatiing Control Station
Montpellier Mediterranean Airport
34137 MAUGUIO CEDEX - FRANCE
Fax: +33 4 67 20 03 72
Handling agreement compulsory for more than 6t aircrafts.